PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit Chestnut Charlie’s, Shopify automatically collects certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse Chestnut Charlie’s, they collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to Chestnut Charlie’s, and information about how you interact with Chestnut Charlie’s. The automatically-collected information is referred to as “Device Information”.
Shopify collects Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on Chestnut Charlie’s, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse Chestnut Charlie’s.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Shopify uses the Order Information collected generally to fulfill any orders placed through Chestnut Charlie’s (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information relating to our chestnuts.
Shopify uses the Device Information collected to help screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize Chestnut Charlie’s (for example, by generating analytics about how customers browse and interact with Chestnut Charlie’s, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Chestnut Charlie’s does not share your Personal Information with any other third parties, except as below:
We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use Chestnut Charlie’s -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
When you place an order through Chestnut Charlie’s, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.